Search This Blog

Sunday, February 6, 2011

Key West

It's been a great week in Key West while the rest of the country was getting nailed by horrible winter weather. Sloppy Joe's is always a fun gig, as well as picking with my friend, Barry Cuda, at B.O's Fish Wagon for the weekly Friday gig. Opening for Put 'N Bay legend singer/songwriter Pat Dailey is always a treat. Today is Superbowl Sunday, but I'll be playing at Sloppy's from 5:30-9:30 during the game. We'll have a good time regardless.

I just finalized the finishing touches of the new soon to be released Americana /Roots/Folk CD, The Rainbow Up Ahead, This is so much different from anything else I've done, and there is not a cover song on it. I'm very proud of that fact. Some of it is kind of Georgia oriented, but that's OK.
I had a great time writing and recording the songs, and so we're going to run with it. It will be released on February 15, 2011, just in time to attend the Folk Alliance convention in Memphis. Heading back to winter (or so they say) in Atlanta tomorrow. Until next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment