Search This Blog

Friday, May 28, 2010

Looking For Summer 2010

May has been a welcome month for all of us weather-wise, and it's hard to believe that it's almost over. It has been a busy month for me. Some cool gigs such as Darwin's, Sam Huff''s BBQ1, Scooter's Pub, and Wednesdays in Woodfuff Park in Atlanta, which are nice close to home gigs. The Smoke on The Lake Festival in Acworth, GA turned out well for it's furst annual event.
An excursion to attend the Blues Music Awards in Memphis, and a performance at The Bluebird Cafe in Nashville were some great highlights.

A brief Ohio tour took me to The Lounge in Cincinnati, The Sport Zone in Coshocton, OH, and The Brews Too in Granville, OH for a fundraiser for the Columbus Blues Alliance. That tour was rounded off by a wonderful visit with Jorma Kaukonen and his wife Vanessa at their Fur Peace Ranch in Pomeroy, OH. There I was able to observe the group guitar lessons while participating a little in the operation. Meeting and making friends with the students there was also extra special. I hope to get back there again soon.

The online guitar lessons I am currently giving are also keeping me very busy in a good way. If you haven't checked them out yet, you can do that by going to www.tinyurl.com/hurricanewilsonguitar.

This writing over the Memorial Day Weekend has me in Greenville, SC at Chief's, a place I have been performing at for 20 years. A couple of solo shows at a couple of RV parks in both Carolinas will top off the weekend.

June will be fairly busy with some home and away gigs, along with attending the Summer NAMM in Nashville representing Q Lighting and Burris Amps. I hope your Memorial Day is a pleasant one. Please catch me on the road or at home to say hello.

Roger

No comments:

Post a Comment