Search This Blog

Thursday, June 11, 2009

The Road Continues

After hanging out for a couple of enjoyable and relaxing days on Lake Gaston in North Carolina, it was time to head north once again on Tuesday, June 9. I had a couple of days, so I wanted to try to see some sites. After deciding to make the trek along Virginia's Skyline Drive, I headed that way. When I arrived about 6PM, there was still a few hours of daylight left, so I ventured in. The view was somewhat hazy, but the sun shown beautifully and I think I got some great shots, which will be posted later. At dark, I headed down to Harrisonburg, VA. to get some dinner, buy some supplies, and spend the night. This, of course, is done at the world's largest retailer, which is referred to as The Million Dollar Refrigerator. We'll leave it at that.

In the morning on Wednesday, after breakfast and doing a bank errand, it was back up the mountain. This day was very hazy, but the drive was still enjoyable. I took a lunch break at one of the wonderful views off the drive. Late that afternoon, I headed to a regular travel stop of mine to grab a nap, fill the water tanks, and head into Hanover, PA., where the next gig is. When I arrived at Kclinger's Tavern I was pleasantly surprised that the legendary Nighthawks are performing. This group has been on the road playing the Blues for 40 + years. The highlight for me this night was to sit in and do 3 songs with the band. I was getting kind of restless with a couple of days of, which is normal, so sitting in with a band of this caliber was just what the doctor ordered. At this writing, I am getting ready to set up for tonight's solo gig in the beer garden at Kclinger's. If it becomes the rain garden, which it might, we'll check now for the alternate indoor location. Stay tuned. Next stop is St' John's Coffee for a solo show on Friday.

No comments:

Post a Comment